Our Route: August / September 2009
Here is a quick breakdown of our route this summer made over a period of nearly six weeks using a combination of train, bus, taxi and boat travel. Some serious problems with altitude sickness made us cut short our visit to the area around Nangchen in Qinghai province.
As soon as we get back to Madrid (in 2 weeks) and go through our photos we’ll put up small texts for the blog and longer ones for the Web. We are also working on a new Photo gallery.
- Tianshui and around: Maiji Shan – Gangu and the Moustached Sakyamuni – The Longmen Water Curtain Caves
- Lanzhou – The Gansu Provincial Museum – The Yellow River
- Xining – Youning Si and the Tu minority
- Yushu and around – Longxi Si – Nangchen – Leba Gorge – Princess Wencheng Temple – Seng-ze Gyanak Mani Wall – Zhira Gompa – Trangu Gompa – Domkar Gompa – Sebda Gompa
- Yushu to Ganzi – Serxu Dzong – Dzogchen Gompa – Manigango
- Ganzi and around – Beri Gompa – Dagei Gompa
- Chengdu and around – The New Jinsha Site Museum – Pingle – Luodai – Kuan Xiangzi
- Chongqing and around – Ciqikou – Songji
- Chongqing to Yichang – The Three Gorges – The Three Little Gorges – The Three Gorges Dam.
- Wudang Shan – Climbing up – Climbing down
- Wuhan – The Hubei Provincial Museum – Colonial Buildings- Great Food.
- Beijing – New restaurants – The New Capital Museum – Black jails
Books read during the trip:
- Author – Mo Yan / Big Breasts and Wide Hips
- Author – Yu Hua / Brothers
- Author – Zhu Wen / I Love Dollars And Other Stories of China